Department of Public Health Dentistry with its complete potential works for the welfare of te patients.Both the students and faculties focuses on promoting oral hygiene measures thereby ensuring a good standard of life for the local people. Students are well trained to treat people in village and suburban ares so that they are given a wide exposure of different cases in their beginning stage of dentistry.
The Department of Public Health Dentistry, works with the motto of “Serving People Serving Humanity”.
The mainstay of the department is prevention of oral diseases by creating awareness among masses through health education programs.
As part of a university, we educate a progressive oral health workforce, develop community collaborations, and bring advances in science to address the oral health needs of the people.
In order to accomplish our vision, we promote diversity in thinking and human resources, support creative breakthroughs, and commit to ethical and responsible leadership in patient care, scholarship and research.
- To provide affordable, accessible and sustainable oral health care.
- To provide excellence in teaching at undergraduate level.
- To prepare students to have a knowledge of the basics of Public Health, Dental Public Health, Preventive Dentistry, Public Health Problems in India, Nutrition, Environment and their Role in Health, Dental Statistics, Epidemiology and National Oral Health Policy.
- To conduct regular non-profitable oral health check-up, treatment and educational camps for all with focus on underprivileged ones.
- To be a trusted resource for oral health information in the community.
- To conduct research and identify effective strategies for improvement of oral health.
- The overall mission is to generate, disseminate, and preserve knowledge, and to serve the region.
Our department serves the people with mobile dental clinic unit with all basic treatment options. Dental camps are public oriented and we aims at school level, village level and suburban levels of people. Both pediatric and geriatric group of people are benefitted.
As a remarkable achievement we have Kodaivallal J.K.K. Nattaraja Ninaivu Iyakkam started for the students and tribal people. We provide free treatment with free dentures with free scaling aiming dental assurance.