Physiology is the branch of science dealing with the study of functions of living beings. It is a dynamic study of life describing the vital functions of living organisms at organ, cellular and molecular levels. The term Physiology is a combination of Greek word physis, meaning “nature”, and logos, meaning “science” or “study”.
Physiology is the mother of several biological sciences responsible for the development of disciplines like biochemistry, biophysics and neurosciences. Hence the boundaries of physiology are not sharply defined.
Aspects of Physiology
- General and Nerve Muscle Physiology
- System Physiology
- Special Senses
- Adequate number of theory classes in all the topics as prescribed by the university.
- Students are trained in practical classes to perform experiments related to subjects of Physiology and Biochemistry independently and perfectly.
- Clinical experiments conducted as demonstration classes.
- Periodical internal assessment conducted to ascertain the scholastic performance of the students.