Department of General Medicine
To enrich our students knowledge with respect to systemic diseases and their implication on dental diseases and treatment.
The Department of General medicine endeavors to provide excellence in investigation, diagnosis, treatment of systemic diseases with dental implications to the students.
- To enhance, all – round individual development imbibing profound character, integrity and values.
- To foster an environment conducive for academic pursuit
- To enable communication and dissemination of knowledge with respect to medical disorders, treatment and well-being of the patient.
- To create a positive impact in the lives of the patients we treat through a significant improvement in the overall health, appearance and smile.
- To develop a trusting patient- doctor relationship by providing treatment with compassion and care.
- Undergraduate program in general medicine is designed to enable the qualifying dental surgeon to diagnose, analyze and treat common medical problems by preventive, interceptive and corrective procedures and to refer to higher medical center.
- This program provides an in-depth knowledge about the medical disorders with dental implications, their diagnosis, treatment and prevention,
- The subject is taught in III year of study.