1. Student must be courteous to the faculty, staff, and instructors and to all employees of the college and to patients in the clinic.
2. Every student must wish teachers of the college when he/she meets them for the first time during the day whether within the college (or) outside.
3. Every student shall wear a clean decent dress, I.D. Card and white coat with college emblem.
4. When the teacher enters or leaves the class room, students shall get up and keep standing, till the teacher take their seat or leaves the room.
5. No students shall leave the class room without permission.
6. Ragging is strictly prohibited, any attempt to impersonate another student will be viewed seriously.
7. The destruction of defacement of any part of the building is prohibited, any material damage brought about by drawing, sketching or painting on walls, woodwork lockers, equipment for furniture will be charged on the concerned student’s account and students will be strictly responsible for all wilful damage to the college property.
8. Students entering lecture halls and laboratories more than five minutes after the commencement of the class will be counted absent. All students must remain until the end of the period unless granted special permission to leave the there to.
9. An attendance of 90 percent is required at all lectures, clinic and laboratory periods. Students must present a valid excuse for absence, and in case of illness a medical certificate as per rules will be required.
10. Grade obtained in periodical work will be considered before the terminal and university examinations. General conduct and the management of the patients will also be given due merit.
11. Smoking is prohibited inside the campus.
12. Students are required to spend their leisure in the library, not in canteen.
13. Students shall not make any noise while moving from class to class/Lab/Clinic.
14. Students shall be permitted to enter the college office only within the stipulated time.
15.Students are expected to read notice put up on the college notice board,Ignorance of any notice thus put up will not be accepted as an excuse for failing to comply with it.
16. No notice of any kind shall not be circulated among the students or put up on the notice board without the written sanction of the principal.
17. Mobile phone usage is strictly prohibited within the campus.
1. Student should secure 90% attendance to appear for exam.
2. Students must attend the college regularly and punctually on all working days. No student should absent themselves from the college without applying leave.
3. A student who absents himself should submit an application in the prescribed form to their class in charge. Students residing in the college hostel must submit their applications with warden’s authorization.
4. In case of sudden illness, the application shall be submitted in person to the principal along with a medical certificate as early as possible.
5. If a student is absent for a continuous period of three, name will be forwarded by the class teachers to the principal to struck off from the rolls, unless he/she convinces satisfactorily that failure to obtain leave was unavoidable.
6. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of every period. A student who is not in the class when attendance is taken shall be marked absent and shall lose attendance for that class.
Rules for the Clinic
- Clinic Periods are from 9.00 am to 3.30 pm. Sunday will be a holiday.
- No student will be allowed in the clinics unless attired in the clinic.
- Students are expected to be prompt in their attendance in the clinic.
- The throwing of the waste materials such as paper, gauze, dressing cotton napkins etc., into the fountain spittoons on the floor other than the receptacles furnished will result in disciplinary action against the students found guilty.
- All damages to chairs or other equipment will be charged on the account of the student concerned.
- Student will not be allowed to take patients other than those who are regularly assigned by the staff in charge.
- Students desiring to treat their own patients or personal friends must obtain the prior approval of the staff in charge and all such patient must apply and pass through the regular outline of admission. They must pay the prescribed fees for the treatment.
- Materials and supplies necessary for clinic work will be provided as per instruction from the staff in charge.
- Student must keep an appointment book besides the clinic record sheet of individual patients with them. They should make entry of the patients name, Number and type of work done in the appointment book as well as in the record sheet.
- Students must possess their own instruments for clinical work as required by individual clinical department.
- Loaning of instruments will not be allowed.
- Students are forbidden to sit on the dental chair.
- Students must be prompt in their attendance on all laboratory sessions and conduct themselves in a quiet and orderly manner. The scattering of materials upon the benches or floors will result in a demerit for each offence. This may be avoided by spreading a paper upon the work bench so that all debris can be gathered and deposited in the waste receives located in the laboratory for that purpose.
- Students are prohibited from using towels for such work as which soil cannot be used for handling flasks, cleaning wax, plaster, acid baths, or the lathe. Towels used for such purpose will not be received for redemption and student will be charged for those replacements.
- Students are strictly prohibited from loaning instruments unless prior permission of the staff in charge in the event of loss, breakage or damage to equipment’s and instruments, recovery would be made from the student concern.
- All laboratory procedure must be in the regular order prescribed by the staff in charge detailed instructions regarding which will be made to the student body at the beginning of the sessions.
- No outdoor clothes are to be brought in to the laboratory areas.
- Laboratory record books should be preferably written up at desk areas in the departmental offices and not at the bench. However laboratory note books are permitted so that all relevant data can be reliably and accurately recorded while carrying out experimental work.
- Laboratory coats (properly washed) must be worn at all times in all laboratory areas.
- Disposable protective gloves should generally be worn as necessary, when working at the bench particularly when handing chemicals, or any biological materials which likely to contain micro-organisms.
- All laboratory personnel should wash their hands at regular intervals and always immediately when contamination is suspected.
- Students breaking any article or apparatus will be required to replace it. The decision of the head of the department and principal should be final.
The library now contains above 5,000 books of various subject’s, 25 National Journals and 75 International Journals. There is a reading room attached to the library where in dailies, Magazines, periodicals, e-books, Photocopying services, Internet connection are available.
The library has 3 sections- a) Reference b) Lending and c) Reading
- Reference books may be referred only within the premises of the library. They cannot be taken by the student from the library at any time.
- Lending section: All books except those marked “Reference” belong to the lending section.
- The library will be kept open on all working days from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm. It will remain closed on Sundays and other recognized holidays.
- Books will be issued to the members only on producing the membership card.
- Every student must possess his/her library card while making use of the library and produce the same to the library staff on entering the library.
- Membership cards are not transferable. Books will not be issued to student on the membership card of staff members.
- Complete silence must be maintained in the library. Any student who is found causing any sort of disturbance in the library is liable to be debarred from the library facilities by the librarian.
- Books will be issued subject to availability only.
- Student can get the books such as text books, reference books, and reference sources for reading in the room against his/her library and if such book is taken without the permission of the librarian then a fine of Rs.10/- will be charged and no book will be issued to him/her in future.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
- When books are issued, students should check the pages of the issued books and if the pages are found missing, they should report the same to the librarian before leaving the counter. On returning the book if pages are found missing the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missing pages and shall be fined.
- In the due date falls on a holidays for the library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- Student are required to handle book and reading material very carefully, making library books with pencil or pen, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously.
- Absence from the college will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- The librarian may recall any book from student at any time.
- Student shall leave their own books at the entrance before they enter the library.
- It is observed that some of the students do not return the library books on or before the due date stamped on the date slip in the book, thus depriving other student using the library facilities. In order to prevent such students from keeping library books with them for longer than normal, the fine charge will be collected.
- In case a reader loses a book he/she should replace the book. In case the book cannot be replaced the current price of the book and an additional charge will be collected.
- The college leaving certificate or transfer certificate will be issued to student only after he/she has returned all the library books to the library.
- Students are strictly prohibited to use their cell phones in the library.